Everything I Needed To Know I Learned From My Wife!
Though it’s not a fair fight, and probably ought to be stopped, it thrives and rages for the most primal of reasons — it’s endlessly mysterious, fascinating and fun! Rex Havens braves this haunting, daunting battlefield armed with the only weapon essential to survival — laughter! Based on the only two truths Rex has learned about men and women — “I’m a man . . . and I’m Sorry!” Rex’s comedy routine is a fresh approach to an ageless subject, tongue planted firmly and cleverly in cheek, and dedicated to the notion that happiness lies not in victory, but in the glory and undeniable humor of the struggle. Yes, it’s not the destination but the journey…
And the journey with Rex includes such lessons as:
- The Wedding. “Sorry, pal, not your day.”
- Women and children first. “Still not your day!”
- She’s your “better half.” Guess what that makes you.
- “I just hope you’re happy” and other lines your wife can deliver with a straight face.
- “Would it kill you to . . . . ?” No? Then do it and shut up.
- Marriage is a democracy: One woman, one vote!
- How my resourceful wife took a beautiful, huge, His-&-Her walk-in closet . . . and converted it . . . to a “Her!”
This is family-friendly standup comedy for all ages. Whether the battle is won or lost matters little in the end. When we’re able to examine honestly our strengths, weaknesses, insecurities and incongruities, with open minds, hearts and smiles, everyone wins!